1) Wash and soak the raw rice and toor dal together for 45 min.
2) Grind the rice and dal with red chili, cumin seeds, black pepper, and coconut into a coarse batter (you can reduce the amount of red chilies as per your preference)
3) Add a pinch of asafotida, finely chopped onion, curry leaf, and required amount of salt
4) Make sure that the batter is in between idli batter and dosa batter consistency
5) Grease the dosa pan with oil and pour the batter and make the dosa
6) Pour some oil in and around the dosa(if you use ghee, the taste will be rich)
7) Flip the dosa when one side is completely cooked
8) Once it is completely cooked, it is ready to serve. It goes well with coconut chutney and coconut coriander chutney. It is best served hot