1) Clean and wash the sago. Take the diluted coconut milk in a heavy bottomed vessel and heat it up. When it comes to a boil add the sago and let it cook until it gets soft. You should stir it frequently or else it will stick to the bottom
2) Powder the jaggery. Boil 1/2 cup of water and add the jaggery. Once it gets melted remove from the flame and filter it. This has to be done in order to remove the impurities
3) Add the sugar syrup to the sago mixture and let it cook for five minutes
4) Dissolve the saffron in the hot plain milk. Powder the cardamom with a teaspoon of sugar. Roast the cashew nuts in the ghee till it gets golden brown color
5) Now add the thick coconut milk to the sago mixture and let it cook for five minutes
6) Add the saffron, powdered cardamom and roasted cashew nuts and stir it well. Switch off the flame.
Now the tasty Coconut milk Sago Payasam is ready. You can serve it both hot and cold