Laddu is the most suitable sweet for Vinayagar Chathurthi. There are various types of Laddus such as Besan Laddu, Motichoor Laddu, Rava Ladoo, etc. Here, I am going to give the preparation of Bhoondhi Laddu.
1) Take the gram flour in a bowl and add water little by little and make a thick paste first so that you can avoid lumps(if you add too much water at the same time, a lot of lumps will form). If you want to add food color, then add it to the batter.
2)The batter should be in pouring consistency
3) If you are not sure about this consistency, then dip the handle of a teaspoon into the batter and hold the handle over the hot oil(let the batter drip). If the droplets have a tail, then you have to add some water little by little to the batter and check it again (you have to do this in order to get rounded Bhoondhi)
4) Heat the oil in a pan. Now pour the batter on the ladle (if you do not have the ladle, then use the normal strainer) and tap the handle. You have to keep moving the ladle all over the oil so your Bhoondhi(droplets of the batter) won’t stick in one place
5) Take out the Bhoondhis when the color slightly changes. Don’t deep fry it. Keep these Bhoondhi’s aside
6) Heat 2 tablespoon of ghee in a Kadai and roast the raisins and cashew nuts. Powder the cardamoms along with a little bit of sugar so that it will powder nicely
7) In a kadai, add 3/4 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar to make a sugar syrup. Keep the sugar syrup in a medium flame until you get a one string consistency
8) Once you get the one string consistency, slow the flame and add the Bhoondhis, cashew nuts, raisins, cardamom, and cloves to the sugar syrup. Stir it throughly 2-3 min so that the sugar syrup evenly spread all over the Bhoondhis
9) Switch off the flame and let it cool until it’s warm. If it is cold then you cannot make proper laddu. When it is warm, take the Bhoondhis and make it the size of a small ball(or desired size). Slightly touch some water, and make laddu so that the Bhoondhis won’t be sticky(do not totally make your hand too wet or your laddu will be spoiled)
Enjoy your laddu