1) Wash the liver thoroughly. Cut it into small pieces.
2) Marinate the liver with turmeric powder, red chili powder, Garam masala powder, cumin powder, black pepper powder and a little amount of salt. Rest it for 30 minutes
3) Cut the small onions and the tomato into small pieces. Grind the ginger and garlic into paste.
4) Dry roast the poppy seeds or soak it in the hot water . powder it with roasted channa dahl
5) Heat up the oil in a cooker. Add the fennel seed and let it turn into golden color
6) Add the curry leaves and the onion and slightly roast it . Then add the ginger garlic paste and let it cook till the raw flavor completely goes away
8) Add the marinated liver and cook it till the raw flavor of the masala goes away.
9) Add the ground mixture of poppy seeds and roasted channa dahl .Add some water and pressure cook it for 2 whistles. After the pressure completely goes out, open it and serve it. If you wish, you can garnish with some coriander leaves
If you want this gravy as a dry roast then you can roast it till the gravy gets thicker and dry.