1) Dry roast all the ingredients in Table 1 in a low flame and powder it in a blender/mixie
2) Pressure cook the potatoes with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pinch of turmeric powder. Leave it for 2 whistles. After the pressure completely settle down, take out the potatoes. Peel the skin, and Cut it into small cubes
3) Slice the onion, garlic, and ginger
4) Heat up the oil in a pan/kadai. Add the mustard seeds and urud dahl. Once it starts to crackle, add the ginger, garlic, onion, and curry leaf one by one
5) Once the onion and garlic slightly starts to get tender, reduce the flame and add the red chili powder, ground powder of table 1, and salt
6) Cook it for 1-2 min.
7) Now add the potatoes, and cook for 10-15 min in a slow flame, so that the masala will coat all over the potato and will taste good
8) This Chettinad special potato fry will go well with all types of rice and roti varieties also