1. Peel the skin of the carrot and grate it
2. Heat up 2 tea spoons of ghee in a pan and roast the cashew nuts and raisins in a slow flame till it attains a golden brown color and keep it separately
3. Roast the grated carrot for 2 minutes in the same pan. Meanwhile boil the milk in a separate pan.
4. Add the boiled milk to the roasted carrot and cook it in a medium flame. Once the carrot getting softer, add the sugar and mix it well
5. Cook it for another 2 to 3 minutes till the sugar get dissolved. Add the roasted cashew nuts, raisins and cardamom powder and switch off the flame. ( you can add saffron if you want)
Now the delicious Carrot Kheer is ready to serve. You can serve it either hot or cold